About Clear Tai Chi
At Clear Tai Chi, we believe that everyone deserves a long and healthy life, safe from harm. We are committed to making high-level martial arts secrets accessible to the public. We accomplish this with live teaching, instructional DVDs, and online training in Tai Chi, Chi Kung, and Self Defense.
The mission of Clear Tai Chi is to fuel a revolution in Tai Chi Instruction based on the pursuit of function, not choreography, not philosophy. We want principles and methods that produce results, not just more techniques and sets.
Sigung Richard Clear
- Sigung (Senior Teacher – Red Sash) Tai Chi and Chi Kung – Advanced training received from China’s “old Masters” Living Treasures in Mainland China 1993 & 1994
- Tai Chi Master of The Year 2011 – USA Martial Arts Hall of Fame
- Sigung (Senior Teacher – Red Sash) Old Hand Shao lin and Internal Kung Fu
- Self Defense Master of the Year 2007 – USA Martial Arts Hall of Fame
- Si-Tai-Gung Street Kung Fu – (Founder and Head of System)
- Certified in May 2003 as Instructor of Russian Martial Art Systema – by Mikhail Ryabko and Vladimir Vasiliev
- Master Practitioner of Pentjak Silat
- Master Practitioner of KUN TAO SILAT de Thouars
Sigung (Master) Richard Clear has studied Tai Chi and Chi Kung in the U.S. and in China. Master Clear Began his study of Tai Chi at a very young age after he was diagnosed with degenerative arthritis. He experiences no pain from the arthritis and is more supple than the average person half his age.
Master Clear is a 3rd generation lineage holder in Tai Chi from Lee Ying Arng who was a senior student under Yang Chen Fu. Master Clear studied directly with such famous masters as Ma Yeuh Liang, Wen Mei Yu, Dr. Fred Wu, Liu Ji Fa, Ju Bong Yi, Pei Xi Rong, Willem de Thouars and Don Ethan Miller among others. Master Clear’s earliest Tai Chi teacher, Tyrone Jackson, was Dr. Wu’s senior lineage disciple.
Master Clear began teaching Tai Chi in 1985 and has over 40 years of continuous study in Tai Chi, Martial Arts, Psychology, Philosophy, Alternative Medicine and Physiology.
Master Clear’s Tai Chi has been featured in national magazines and on television. He has a practical teaching method rooted in the basics and knows both the healing and the martial side of Tai Chi and Chi Kung in depth. He holds a Masters Level (Si Gung) in Internal Kung Fu and is a senior instructor in several martial arts.
Vision for the Future
Master Clear is known for the quality of his instruction and the sincerity with which he teaches his programs, always taking the extra time to work with those in need, in a dedicated effort to pass on the many benefits and rewards he has received from his lifelong study in this field.
Master Clear says, “my consistent focus on learning and teaching students the most authentic arts is in keeping with my vision of making Tai Chi and its health benefits available to all. As a healer and teacher for over 30 years I know the critical importance of the life enhancement and self-healing benefits of Tai Chi. As a result, I have made a commitment to sharing it with as many people as I Can.”